The Research Institute of Linguistics of the Hungarian Academy of Sciences (HAS) invited Professor HU Jianhua, and Professor LI Aijun from the Institute of Language, Chinese Academy of Social Sciences to spend one week in our institute in November 2014 as visiting researchers, within the cooperation framework of HAS and the Chinese Academy of Social Sciences (CASS), to participate in the research cooperation activities supported by the two Academies. They participated in intensive research discussions and consultations with several experts of the Department of Theoretical Linguistics within their joint research project on Information structure in language.
Professor HU Jianhua gave a presentation for the whole Institute titled Sensitivity and Exhaustivity in Dou-Quantification, Professor LI Aijun talked about Pitch and Duration as Cues in Perception of Neutral Tone under Different Contexts in Standard Chinese.
Picture galleries can be reached on the following links:
- Li Aijun: Pitch and Duration as Cues in Perception of Neutral Tone under Different Contexts in Standard Chinese
- Hu Jianhua: Sensitivity and Exhaustivity in Dou-Quantification
During their visit at the Department of Language Technology and Applied Linguistics, the following presentations were discussed:
- Professor LI Aijun talked about the operation of their Phonetics Laboratory at CASS and also gave a detailed description about their recent research activities there.
- Márton Miháltz: Social psychological analysis of public political comments on Facebook
- Csaba Oravecz: The new gigaword version of the Hungarian National Corpus
- Judit Ács: Corpus based Chinese-Hungarian dictionary building
- Bálint Sass: The verb argument browser
Picture gallery can be reached here.
Last modified: 03.12.2014.